"I am floating and feeling great. It hasn't sunk in yet. I wasn't nervous at the start but things got a little too exciting when Andrew Weibrecht (USA) was going down.""It means the world to me. It's the biggest thing you can win. It's something I have worked for since I was a little kid, so I am just going to enjoy it. So far this Olympic Games has gone better than I had hoped."
By Tom McGowan
Event: 2014 Sochi Olympic Games Day Eight
Check it out: Post a comment below; tweet #CNNSochi
- Seven gold medals were up for grabs on Saturday
- Austria's Anna Fenninger takes the women's Super G title
- Sweden win gold in the ladies' cross country relay
- Team USA defeats Russia in men’s ice hockey competition
- China's Zhou Yang wins women's 1,500m short track title
- Viktor An wins men's 1,000m short track gold for Russia
- Poland's Zbigniew Bródka claims gold in 1,500m long track speed skating
- Alexander Tretiakov wins men's skeleton for Russia
- Kamil Stoch wins his second gold of Games in large hill ski-jump
"Obviously I'm very
disappointed. It was a shootout; we wanted more. It is heartbreaking."
"I can't believe this. The world championships and the Olympic Games - those were my dreams, and I now I've got the gold medal."
"I was nervous before the race. After the finish I didn't know it right away, because they showed (on the scoreboard) VERWEIJ as the winner. When I saw I had won, it was an unbelievable feeling."
T.J. is Great!!! Deserves smthg.. I don't know.. Honourable mention in executive order from the CIC? Pulitzer? Grammy? At least PhD Honoris Causa from some Ivy League Univ...TRACat 3:52 PM