ISLES OF WONDER
That’s the title of artistic director Danny Boyle’s Opening Ceremony super show
and it has been shrouded in secrecy, with only a few titbits revealed (hence the popularity of the Twitter hashtag #SaveTheSurprise).
So, what can we potentially expect to see in the $42.3m show that will last about three hours?
- Sheep, horses, chickens and sheepdogs
- Maypoles representing England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Cricket (Google it. You don’t have time to learn it)
- A celebration of the National Health Service
- James Bond
- A celebration of Glastonbury
- The legendary Paul McCartney
- Much, much more that we can’t possibly tell you #SaveTheSurprise